INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
MEETING STARTS AT 8:30 AM IN BALLROOM A
- Call to Order.
- Spotlight Presentation on Multiple Sclerosis.
MOVE TO MAIN MEETING ROOM/BALLROOM B AT 9:30 AM (Estimated time)
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from July 12, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Designation of CIRM contact for filing regulations with the Office of Administrative Law.
- Chairman’s Report, including but not limited to:
- Informational update on state and national legislation
- Consideration of ICOC letters in support of, or opposition to, federal stem cell research related legislation
- Informational presentation on bond funding
- President’s Report
- Consideration of report from Governance Subcommittee.
- Policies and Procedures for Contracting
- Contract Approval Policy
- Edelman Contract Summary
- CIRM-Edelman Contract
- Edelman Scope of Work
- Edelman Bios
- Edelman Expenses List
- Remcho, Johansen & Purcell Contract
- Remcho, Johansen & Purcell Contract Amendment 1
- Remcho, Johansen & Purcell Contract Amendment 2
- Remcho, Johansen & Purcell Contract Amendment 3
- Edelman Fees Rate
- Consideration of updated conflict of interest policies for the three CIRM Working Groups.
- Grants WG COI Policy
- Standards WG COI Policy
- Facilities WG COI Policy
- Consideration of format for funding recommendations to the ICOC.
- Pending Litigation: People’s Advocate v. Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05206766; Mary Scott Doe v. Robert Klein, et al., U.S. District Court, Central District, Case No. ED CV 05-00438 (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)); California Family Bioethics Council v. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Sacramento County Superior Court, Case No. 05AS02927
- Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d)(3)(D)).
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of update from Presidential Search Subcommittee.
- Consideration of update from Grants Review Working Group, including appointment of a new scientist-member.
- Informational update on CCST IP Task Force study.
- Informational update on CIRM Headquarters progress.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.