STEM CELL AGENCY GOVERNING BOARD AGENDA May 3-4, 2011
Luxe Hotel, Sunset Boulevard
11461 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Tel: (310) 476-6571
Grand Horizon Room
Sunset Village, UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Agenda
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
4. Chairman’s Report.
7. Consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group regarding applications submitted in response to RFA 10-04: CIRM Basic Biology Awards III
8. Consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group regarding applications submitted in response to RFA 10-03: CIRM Targeted Clinical Development Awards
9. a. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
b. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for CIRM Basic Biology Awards III (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
c. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for RFA 10-03: CIRM Targeted Clinical Development Awards (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
12. Consideration of recommendation of Science Subcommittee regarding additional cycle of New Faculty Awards program.
14. Consideration of recommendations of Governance Subcommittee, including amendments to the Internal Governance Policy and organization chart and proposal to fund any salary amount for the new Chair in excess of $150,000 from pre-existing donor funds.
Additional Document IGP
Addtional Document IGP 2
16. Consideration of concept proposal for Creativity Awards for high school students.
18. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .