Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Thursday, August 25, 2011
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Paul Berg Hall
Li Ka Shing Center for Learning
291 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
To access the live event or archive, use this URL after 9:00am:
Enter Conference ID#212558. Then click Go (no Password required).
If you need technical assistance, call the toll-free AT&T ConferenceCasting Support Help Line at 1-888-793-6118 (678-749-8002 for International customers).
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
4. Chairman’s Report.
6. Presentation and discussion of CIRM Translational Grant Portfolio.
7. Consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group regarding applications submitted in response to RFA 10-05: CIRM Disease Team Therapy Development Awards PART I: Planning Awards.
8. a. Discussion of Personnel [Evaluation of President] (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
b. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for CIRM Disease Team Therapy Development Awards PART I: Planning Awards (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
9. Consideration of minutes from previous Board meeting.
10. Consideration of final adoption of amendments to Regulation 100080, "Acceptable Research Materials.”
12. Consideration of extension of Research Leadership Award program.
13. Consideration of job description for Chief Financial Officer.
14. Consideration of report from Intellectual Property Subcommittee.
15. Consideration of resolution honoring Melissa King for her contributions to CIRM, stem cell research and California patients.
16. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .