Alpha Stem Cell Clinics Network Expansion
The mission of CIRM is to accelerate stem cell treatments to patients with unmet medical needs. In December 2015, CIRM released its Strategic Plan for 2016 and beyond. The Strategic Plan describes CIRM’s Infrastructure Programs which are designed to address the challenges that currently slow progress of translational research to high quality clinical trials.
INFR4: Alpha Clinics Network Expansion Award
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate stem cell treatments to patients with unmet medical needs. In 2014, CIRM funded Alpha Clinics at University of California San Diego, City of Hope Duarte, University of California Los Angeles, and University of California Irvine to support this mission by accelerating the development and delivery of high quality stem cell clinical trials to patients.
The Network is currently supporting 33 clinical trials for 12 different disease indications. Additional information regarding the existing Alpha Clinic sites may be found here and a complete list of clinical trials in the Network may be found here.
With this initiative, we aim to support up to two additional Alpha Clinic sites that will (1) deliver core services necessary to conduct high-quality stem cell clinical trials, (2) support the career development of physicians seeking to perform clinical trials and (3) enhance the value of the Network, as a whole. Under this initiative, we will provide up to $16.0 million ($8.0 million per site) for eligible projects. Please see the RFA for full details.
- Alpha Clinics Presentation [link to PDF presentation from ICOC meeting 2/23]
- Proceedings: Accelerating Stem Cell Treatments for Patients: The Value of Networks and Collaboration [pdf]
Frequently Asked Questions
- INFRA4 Alpha Clinic Expansion Award FAQ’s (Revised April 4, 2017)
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Under the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the applicable link to "Start an INFR Application".
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.
For more information on the programs and buildings we've funded, check out our Program and Building Infrastructure Page.