Resources for Stem Cell Researchers
Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lines (Eligibility and Availability)
- CIRM's list of acceptably derived lines: Research institutions have certified these lines are derived in accordance with CIRM regulations. All listed line are eligible for use in CIRM-funded research.
- Lines previously approved by NIH prior to March 2009: All listed lines are eligible for use in CIRM-funded research.
- NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry: All listed line are eligible for use in CIRM-funded research.
- UK Stem Cell Bank: All listed lines are eligible for use in CIRM-funded research.
- BioTime Lines: CIRM has entered into a letter of agreement with Biotime to provide research grade human embryonic stem cell lines to California researchers. Biotimes cell lines ESI-014, ESI-017, ES1-035, ES1- 051 & ES1- 053 are listed on the NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry and therefore eligible for use in CIRM-funded research. The complete genome sequence files for those lines is available on the BioTime homepage.
Opportunities for Funding
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is soliciting input on partnerships between Extramural and NIH Intramural Investigators utilizing the NIH Clinical Center. CIRM President Alan Trounson sent a letter to CIRM grantees encouraging them to consider responding to the RFI.
General stem cell database
This patent compilation was prepared by Foley & Lardner LLP, Palo Alto, CA. For this compilation, patent claims were searched in the Delphion (www.delphion.com) database for patents issued from 1964 to December 2011 using the key words "stem cell," "stem cells," "progenitor cell," and "progenitor cells." 2085 patents were retrieved, reviewed and catalogued. Patent claims were analyzed and collated into year categories and for specific research interests, such as, the cell type, in vitro or in vivo use. For questions regarding the compilation, please contact Antoinette F. Konski at Foley & Lardner, LLP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Foley Stem Cell Reviews:
- 1996- 2000
- 2006-2010 (including data from 2006 through January 2010)
- 2010 (complete)
This patent compilation is provided for educational and background purposes only. It is not intended to create an attorney client relationship or as legal analysis, opinion, or advice of any kind. Neither Foley & Lardner LLP nor CIRM guarantees or warrants the accuracy or completeness of, or assumes any liability whatsoever in connection with, the patent compilation and data supplied therein. If legal advice or assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells: A U.S. Patent Landscape Analysis, Simon Elliott, Antoinette F. Konski, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Review,
This Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Patent Landscape Analysis is provided for educational and background purposes only. It is not intended to create an attorney client relationship or as legal analysis, opinion, or advice of any kind. Neither Foley & Lardner LLP nor CIRM guarantees or warrants the accuracy or completeness of, or assumes any liability whatsoever in connection with the data supplied therein. If legal advice or assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Intellectual Property Landscape for iPS Cells. Feldman, Robin Cooper and Furth, Deborah; December 1, 2009; Stanford Journal of Law Science & Policy, Vol. 3, p. 17, 2010.
Below are links to directories of California companies in the Regenerative Medicine field as compiled and maintained by Univercell Market Limited and presented here as a resource for CIRM researchers.
The directories referenced above are located in the “Regional Profiles > North America - California” section on www.univercellmarket.com and have been compiled by Univercell Market Limited from information that is publicly available including websites, reports and press releases. The data is updated routinely by Univercell Market Limited as part of research undertaken in preparation for the drafting of Univercell Market’s weekly news bulletin 360. Univercell Market does not charge organizations for a basic listing in the directories. For more information contact email@example.com.
Regenerative Medicine Consortium