Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting March 10, 2011
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
1800 Old Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010
Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
4. Chairman’s Report.
5. President’s Report, including, but not limited to, presentation regarding CIRM Management’s response to External Advisory Panel’s recommendations.
6. Consideration of minutes from previous Board meetings.
6a. Draft Minutes from December 8th Board Meeting
6b. Draft Mintues from December 15th Board Meeting
6c. Draft Minutes from January 27th Board Meeting
7. Consideration of proposal to provide supplemental funds to existing Shared Laboratory Grantees to extend CIRM support for an additional three years.
8. Consideration of contract for legal services with Remcho, Johansen & Purcell, LLP.
*Information regarding contract with Remcho, Johansen & Purcell
9. Consideration of President's selection of publisher for CIRM-supported online translational journal.
10. Consideration of recommendations from Governance Subcommittee regarding criteria and parameters for Chair of CIRM’s Governing Board.
* Memo from James Harrison and exhibits re. Chair criteria
* Memo from Joan Samuelson re. Chair criteria
* Memo from Bob Klein re. Time Commitment of Chair
*Letter from the Controller's Office
11. Consideration oftimeline and process for selection of Chair.
12. Consideration of plan for CIRM support for attendance at annual World Stem Cell Summit by Patient Advocates, CIRM Bridges Scholars and other CIRM funded early career scientists.
13. Consideration of recommendation regarding Tools and Technology Awards II application 1985 pursuant to Board’s Additional Analysis Policy.
*Application 1985 Additional Analysis
14. a. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
b. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to CIRM Tools and Technology Awards II Application 1985 (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
c. Preliminary discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for RFA 10-03: CIRM Targeted Clinical Development Awards (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
15. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .