THE INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
MEETING STARTS AT 8:00 AM IN UNIVERSITY CLUB LIBRARY
- Call to Order
- Spotlight Presentation on Spinal Cord Injury
MOVE TO MAIN MEETING ROOM AT 9:00 AM (Estimated time)
- Pledge of Allegience
- Roll Call
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from May 23, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Approval of minutes from June 6, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Consideration of amendments to enhance conflict of interest code categories to reflect new hires and current staff responsibilities.
- Consideration of update on financial issues including but not limited to bridge financing.
- Consideration of creating a joint CIRM/California State Legislature Task Force on Intellectual Property.
- Consideration of update from Legislative Subcommittee, including policy enhancements recommended to the ICOC by the Subcommittee and general policies on Subcommittee composition and structure. Policy enhancments timeline
- President's Report, including:
- Consideration of meeting policy and procedures for Facilities Working Group.
- Consideration of bylaws for Grants Working Group.
- Consideration of bylaws for Standards Working Group.
- Consideration of CIRM Training Grant criteria.
- Consideration of development of Research Grant criteria.
- Pending Litigation: People's Advocate v. Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05206766, and Mary Scott Doe v. Robert Klein, et al., U.S. District Court, Central District, Case No. ED CV 05-00438 (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)).
- Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d)(3)(D)).
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Informational update on CIRM budget and consideration of intergovernmental agreements and contracts policy.
- Travel Policies
- Travel Reimbursement Rules
- Contracts Overview
- Contracts and Agreements Narrative
- Contracts Summary and Balances
- Consideration of establishing ICOC Governance Subcommittee to discuss and advise the ICOC on items including:
- CIRM budget
- CIRM consulting contracts
- CIRM intergovernmental agency agreements
- CIRM organizational chart
- CIRM general financial and operating policies and issues.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.